I’ve been feeling kind of blah lately. For the past few months it seems like whenever I get ahead of the game, even just the tiniest bit, something happens and I end up right back where I started. And then things seem to pile up and up and up until I feel like absolutely NOTHING is going the way I want it to. I hurt my ankle, so I had to stop exercising right when I was getting into a good groove; I am getting nowhere with the job search that I feel like I’ve been doing forever; I’m always broke; and I hate my entire wardrobe… Things like that.
But instead of droning on about my problems, I figured I’d make a list of all the things in my life that actually are good.
1. I have more than $100 in my savings account! That may not sound like a big deal, but as someone who spent the better part of the past year and a half with $18.27 in the bank, it really, really is.
2. On Saturday, I’m going to see a good friend that I haven’t seen in months! Catching up with friends is so fun.
3. I haven’t made popcorn in over a month. Ok, let me explain… I’m addicted to popcorn. Not the gross microwave stuff, but the delicious, freshly popped, over the stove wonder that is my homemade popcorn. There really is nothing better than watching a movie with a cold beer and a delicious bowl of freshly made popcorn. Drizzle some melted butter on there and you’re good to go. SO now you can understand how I got addicted. And it was BAD. So bad, in fact, that some weeks I would eat popcorn for days in a row instead of having a real dinner. I cringe just thinking about it. So to circle back, haven’t made it in a while and I think I’ve officially kicked the habit… Hopefully.
4. My roommate and I are having a party in about a week to show off our newly re-done yard! Not that we’ve actually re-done the yard yet… But we have gotten an American flag and a plastic flamingo that we affectionately named Elvis Presley…
5. I’m going home in 2 weeks! And when I’m there I’m going to a wedding (!), a Red Sox game and then will be parking myself on the beach for the duration of the trip.
6. It’s SUMMER! And with our soon-to-be awesome yard, I won’t even need to go to the beach to get my tan on. Also, my roommate quit her part time job and will be on a schedule similar to mine, so I foresee lots of Summer adventures in our future.
7. I’m going to a bunch of country concerts this Summer! Yes, I love country music. No shame.
8. I have every weekend off. Not that this is really a new occurrence, but as someone who had always worked part-time jobs up until about a year ago, I will forever appreciate a work-free weekend. I’m sure you fellow part-timers can relate!
9. I can afford to pay all my bills.. And then some. While the “and then some” is a very small “some,” it’s infinitely better than working a full time job and not even being able to afford to support myself.
10. While I may be looking for a new one, I do still have a job. A lot of people I know don’t. And if they do, it seems like it’s not something they necessarily went to school for. At the very least, I have a full time job that is more or less in my field of study. It’s not the be all and end all, but it’s a start.
And just like that, I have a pretty solid list of 10 things that I can be happy about right now. What are some things that would be on your list?