Fall means pumpkin baked goods. Have I said that before?
Pumpkin Chocolate Chip Oatmeal Cookies (recipe from Baking Bites)
makes about 2 dozen cookies
1 c flour
1 tsp baking powder
1/2 tsp baking soda
1 tsp pumpkin pie spice
1/4 c butter (room temp)
1/2 c regular sugar
1/2 c brown sugar
1/4 c pumpkin puree
1 tsp vanilla extract
2 c quick cooking oatmeal *I used Quaker instant oats
1 c chocolate chips
1. Preheat oven to 350° and line baking sheet with parchment paper. I sprayed my baking sheet with PAM for baking instead.2. In a medium bowl, whisk together flour, baking powder, baking soda and pumpkin pie spice. Set aside.
3. In a large bowl, cream together the butter and sugars until fluffy. Beat in the egg, followed by the pumpkin puree and vanilla extract.
4. Working by hand, stir in the four mixture and the oatmeal until just combined and there are no streaks of flour. Stir in the chocolate chips.
5. Drop rounded tablespoonfuls of dough onto prepared baking sheet.
6. Bake for about 11-13 minutes. Cookies will be lightly browned at the edges when done.
7. Allow cookies to cool on the baking sheet for 4-5 minutes, then transfer to a wire rack so they can cool completely.
Note: I baked my cookies for 11 minutes and they came out very soft. If you like your oatmeal cookies a little crispier like I do, bake them for a few minutes longer than the recommended time.
Apparently I’m awful at remembering to snap a picture of my finished product… Apologies!
Happy baking! x