You know I love simple casserole recipes and this one does not disappoint! If I could make it after getting maybe 8 hours of sleep all weekend, on top of working every night and a full day of work yesterday, anyone can make it. And of course I didn’t take a picture of it… Per usual. I WILL get better at this one day!
Chicken Divan (recipe courtesy of my family cookbook, originally from one of my mom’s old roommates)
Chicken Breasts, poached and cut into hunks *I used about 2 1/2 large breasts
Broccoli, undercooked and cut into hunks *I used an entire Trader Joe’s bag of fresh broccoli, probably about 3-4 c
2 cans cream of chicken soup
1 c mayo
1 t lemon juice
1 t curry powder
2 T cooking sherry *I omitted this because I didn’t have any
1 c shredded cheddar cheese
2 T butter, melted
1/4 c breadcrumbs
1. Preheat oven to 350°.
2. Put chicken and broccoli in casserole dish.
3. In a medium bowl, combine soup, mayo, lemon juice, curry powder and sherry. Pour mixture into the casserole dish, completely covering the chicken and broccoli.
4. Sprinkle cheese on top of the mixture.
5. Combine butter and breadcrumbs. Sprinkle on top of the cheese.
6. Cover and bake in the oven for 20-25 minutes. Remove cover and bake until bubbly around the edges, about 10 minutes.
I also love casseroles because there are usually a good amount of leftovers, which is especially important to me this week since I’ll be running from one job to another and won’t have time to make a meal most nights!