Tall Guy and I had pretty much given up on having a real dinner last night, but at the last minute decided to make a pizza. And thank God we did because it was so delicious! We’re starting to work pretty well together in the kitchen, and our recipes are definitely benefiting from that!
White Pizza with Sun-dried Tomatoes and Basil
1 ball store-bought dough *Feel free to make your own dough!
2 T olive oil
1/4 c Goat Cheese
1/2 c balsamic vinegar
minced garlic, garlic powder, oregano, etc. *Any spices you want, really.
1. Preheat oven to 425º.
2. Bring balsamic vinegar to a boil. Simmer until thickened. Set aside.
3. Roll dough into desired shape and place on pan.
4. Brush dough with olive oil.
5. Sprinkle with garlic, oregano, etc. I usually use minced garlic or garlic powder (whatever I have on hand) and a few dashes of Sicilian seasoning.
6. Cover pizza with sun-dried tomatoes, basil leaves and goat cheese. Use as much or as little of these ingredients as you want.
7. Slice mozzarella cheese and put slices on top of the pizza. I usually make sure most areas of the pizza are covered with cheese, but you can use as much as you want.
8. Sprinkle with balsamic reduction.
9. Bake until cheese is melted and edges of the crust are golden brown.