I posted a few simple 4th of July themed dish ideas on Broke Girls Go Out last week and decided to make one of the dishes on the list for my holiday celebration. Sometimes themed dishes can get so complicated, but this dish only has a few ingredients and came together in minutes. Plus, it looked great and got a ton of compliments from guests at the party I brought it to.
American Flag Fruit Platter (recipe originally found here via Pinterest)
1 pint blueberries, washed and dried
1 quart strawberries, washed and dried
1 box yogurt covered pretzels
Small square container, preferably white
Cookie pan or rectangular cake dish
1. Line dish with wax paper.
2. Put blueberries in square container and set in upper left corner of dish.
3. Cut stems off of strawberries. Cut strawberries in half, if desired.
4. Put strawberries in a row at the top of the dish. Follow with a row of pretzels and repeat until the dish is filled. If you have extra of either item and you’re using a deeper dish, you can double the layers of each row to fill the dish.
5. Serve with a fruit dip, if desired, or serve as is.
I served this dish with a brown sugar and sour cream fruit dip and put toothpicks on the side. This was such a crowd pleaser! And it’s healthy, so feel free to eat the whole thing!
Did you make a themed dish for the holiday? Tell me the recipe in the comments!