Talk about decadent! With 2 kinds of chocolate, these brownies are super rich, but worth every calorie!
Pumpkin Cream Cheese Oreo Brownies (recipe originally from Picky Palate)
1 stick butter, room temperature
1 1/2 c semi-sweet chocolate chips
1 c flour
1/2 c sugar
1/2 c packed light brown sugar (for step 5)
2 large eggs, plus 1 yolk
2 tbsp vegetable oil
2 c chocolate chunks
4 oz cream cheese, softened
1/2 c pumpkin puree
2 tbsp packed light brown sugar (for step 8)
1/2 tsp cinnamon
10 Oreo cookies
1. Preheat oven to 350º. Line an 8×8 baking dish with foil and spray foil with cooking spray.
2. Place butter into a large bowl and microwave until melted and hot (about 45 seconds).
3. Pour in chocolate chips and stir until mostly melted (does not have to be perfectly smooth).
4. Add flour and sugars and mix a few times.
5. Add eggs, yolk and oil and mix until well combined.
6. Fold in the chocolate chunks.
7. Pour batter into prepared baking dish and spread evenly.
8. Put cream cheese, pumpkin, brown sugar and cinnamon into a large bowl and beat until smooth and creamy.
9. Place dollops over brownie batter, then swirl the pumpkin mixture through the brownie batter with a knife.
10. Gently press broken up Oreo cookie pieces onto the top of the pumpkin layer.
11. Bake for 40-50 minutes, until cooked through.
12. Let cool completely before cutting.
While I could only handle about a bite of one, everyone in my office loved them! The recipe is fairly simple and very easy to follow, and they came out looking great. I would definitely recommend these to any chocolate and pumpkin lovers out there!