I made my signature Christmas cookies and brought them into work (where they got rave reviews, of course), but I was looking for something a little different to make for holiday parties. This recipe was just what I was looking for. There’s no baking involved, and it only takes a few minutes to come together, which makes it a perfect last-minute dessert. It’s not Christmas themed, so feel free to make this all Winter long!
Hot Chocolate Cheesecake Dip (recipe originally from Inside BruCrew Life)
8 oz cream cheese, softened
1/2 c plain Greek yogurt
1/2 cup marshmallow fluff (or Kraft’s marshmallow creme)
1 c powdered Swiss Miss Dark Sensation hot chocolate mix *I’m sure any kind of powdered mix would work in this recipe
3/4 c Cool Whip
Optional for garnish: mini marshmallows, crushed candy canes, peppermints
1. Beat cream cheese until creamy.
2. Add the yogurt, fluff and hot chocolate mix and beat until light and fluffy.
3. Fold in 1/2 cup Cool Whip (gently) until completely mixed in.
4. Top with remaining Cool Whip and garnish as desired.
5. Keep refrigerated (and covered) until serving.
Serving suggestion: Serve with graham crackers, pretzels, cookies or “dunker” cookies from Trader Joe’s.
This might as well be called Hot Chocolate Crack Dip. It is SO good. You will be tempted to eat it with a spoon (no judgments). You have been warned.