This should maybe be called Mexican Crack Casserole because it is THAT good.
I’ll admit, I was a little skeptical at first. Something about Doritos in a casserole just makes it seem a little… Trashy? Unclassy? I don’t know exactly what, but let’s just say it’s not something you would think to serve your in-laws. I made it for Football Sunday night, however, so didn’t think twice about it.
After eating it, though, this dish totally changed my mind. I can’t put my finger on what is so good about it, but I could NOT stop eating it. Make this asap. You won’t regret it!
Doritos Chicken Casserole (recipe adapted from Buns In My Oven)
1 bag (11 oz.) Nacho Cheese Doritos
2 c cooked, shredded chicken
1 can cream of chicken soup
1 c sour cream
8 oz shredded cheddar cheese
1 can ro*tel tomatoes
2 tsp taco seasoning (can use 1 tsp cumin and 1 tsp chili powder instead)
1/2 c pico de gallo
- Preheat oven to 350º.
- In a medium bowl, stir together chicken, soup, sour cream, tomatoes, half of the cheddar and seasoning (or spices).
- Crush the Doritos. Spread half of the bag in the bottom of a 9×13 baking dish.
- Top with the chicken mixture. Spread evenly.
- Add the other half of the crushed chips to the top of the chicken mixture.
- Sprinkle the remaining cheese on top.
- Remove from the oven and top with the pico de gallo.
- Top with shredded lettuce and additional sour cream if desired.
If you’re like me, you’ll want to have extra sour cream for the top of your casserole! I also added some lettuce to the top, which I would highly recommend.
This recipe took no time to whip up, so it’s an after work meal contender for sure. Also perfect for girls night, game day or anything in between.