I would like to thank The Academy… What’s that? You’ve never heard of the Liebster Award?
While the history of the Liebster Award is spotty, all you really need to know is that it’s like fan mail (of sorts), from blogger to blogger, and a good way to help people discover the millions (billions?) of blogs on the internet.
Here’s how it works:
– Someone nominates your blog for the award (shout out to Blonde with a Blog for being awesome and nominating me AND The Broke Girls)
– To accept the award, it’s nice if you link back to the person who nominated you as a way to say thanks (see above), you then have to give 11 facts about yourself and answer the 11 questions your nominator posed to you (see below), and, last but not least, you nominate 11 other blogs who have less than 2,000 followers. (Numbers have changed a bit since the award origination- it used to be blogs with under 3,000 followers, now it’s under 200… Or 2,000… You pick!)
– You shouldn’t nominate the person who nominated you, but you should let the blogs you nominate know they have been nominated.
Got it? Great!
Facts about me…
1. I’m a Virgo.
2. I’ve never been to New York City.
3. I didn’t learn how to ride a bike until Titanic was in movie theaters. (You do the math.)
4. I like broccoli pizza. Don’t knock it ’till you try it!
5. I wanted to be a detective, but didn’t want to have to go through the whole process of being a cop first! (I still think I would make a pretty decent detective, though!)
6. I’m from Southeastern MA, but I don’t have a Boston accent at all. Well, ok, I do only if you listen really hard and only on certain words… None of which are park, car, Harvard or yard.
7. Despite having a pool all throughout my childhood, I never learned how to dive off of the diving board. Or the side of the pool. Or from anywhere into any body of water in general.
8. The beach is my happy place. I was lucky enough to grow up in a coastal MA town with an absolutely beautiful beach (an absolutely beautiful everything, actually) and while I may not have fully appreciated what I had until I left, I’m so glad to be able to go back and visit every now and then.
9. When I was little, my dad used to keep a big bag of tootsie rolls in his car (during the Winter months). To this day, tootsie rolls are still my favorite kind of candy. (I also blame dad for my sweet tooth!)
10. My pottery collection/obsession started when I was in high school. I easily have over $1,000 worth of pottery to my name at the time this post is being written.
11. I love making lists. Bucket lists, grocery lists, to do lists.. You name it, I’ve made it.
Blonde with a Blog asked…
1. How long have you been blogging? Almost a year and a half! I started blogging in January of 2013. Making the blog was my 2013 New Year’s resolution!
2. What made you decide to start blogging? Honestly I’m not really sure. I always liked writing, and after college I was looking for an outlet that would let me be as creative as I wanted to be. It took a while for me to figure out what I wanted to blog about (essentially, everything) and how to not make a mess of it, but I’m pretty proud of the work I’ve done on the blog thus far.
3. What is your favorite topic to blog about? I don’t think I can choose a favorite! Sometimes I feel like the blog gets overwhelmed with restaurant reviews and Tuesday thoughts, so right now I’m really liking my 2 week challenge posts. They give me a chance to talk about my life (and adventures and misadventures alike) on a more personal level than some of my other posts.
4. Where is your favorite place to shop? I recently discovered the cutest little boutique right around the corner from my office. If I could buy out the entire store, I would in a heartbeat!
5. What is your favorite piece of clothing in your wardrobe? No contest- my leather jacket. It’s real leather! That purchase was a big deal.
6. What is your absolute favorite product? Vaseline lip therapy was a saving grace this past Winter!
7. What’s your favorite animal? I love all animals, really, but this little ball of fur has a leg above the competition.
8. What’s your favorite nail polish/color? I’m an OPI-only nail polish snob.
9. What’s a good book you’ve read lately? Night Film by Marisha Pessl
10. Where do you mostly buy beauty products? Up until a few weeks ago, solely CVS, but now I split my purchases between ULTA and Sephora (more on my newly acquired interest in make up later…).
11. What’s your favorite hair product/styling tool? HA! My best friend can attest to the fact that I barely know what “styling” my hair means. BUT I have recently been playing around with Not Your Mother’s Beach Babe Texturizing Sea Salt Spray and I don’t hate it. (It might not be Summer yet, but you would never know by the looks of my hair…)
My nominees are…
Alex in Philly
Amber Rae Beauty
Bacon & Legs
In a Small Kitchen
Lady of the Cakes
Life Sucks in a Strapless Bra
Liz Kinder Pottery
Questions for my nominees…
1. Describe your blog in 3 words.
2. What is one thing you wish you were able to do more of?
3. When was your last vacation and where did you go?
4. If you had $1,000 to donate to any charity, which one would you donate to?
5. What’s your favorite restaurant (and where is it)?
6. What’s one of your guilty pleasures?
7. How do you feel about your birthday?
8. What’s your favorite city?
9. If money was no object, what would you do tomorrow?
10. What’s at the top of your bucket list?
11. If you could give your 16 year old self one piece of advice, what would it be?
Happy blogging everyone! x