What if there was no wedding for Jessica Biel and Justin Timberlake? What if Britney and Justin were, in fact, still together today?
Last night, my roommate was kind enough to share this post with me. Thanks, Buzzfeed, for effectively answering all those pesky “what ifs” about Britney and Justin.
90s me is still not over it. BRITNEY AND JUSTIN FOREVER!
P.S. – I promise my 90s nostalgia posts will stop soon…
I am a television addict. Seriously- I would watch it all if I could! I’ve never seen a 90s teen drama that I didn’t like and I watch “guilty pleasure” tv shows (looking at you, CW) like it’s my job. Now if they would only start paying me…
As you know, I look forward to the Fall for a lot of reasons, and new TV is one of them! But I do enjoy the TV break during the Summer because it gives me time to watch some of the (over 200) movies on my Netflix queue and re-watch my favorite TV series, or catch up on the series and shows I might have missed over the years.
Last night marked the very beginning of what I like to call “Fall TV Frenzy” (or “FTF,” for writing purposes), the month and a half long time period when series and shows have their Fall premieres. NERD ALERT! I start prepping for FTF as soon as the networks put out their premiere schedules. I’ll read up on the new shows to see which ones look like they’ll be worth watching and map out when my returning shows premiere. All of the premiere dates go on my calendar and, after each show airs, they get added to my TV show master schedule. Yes, I keep a schedule. For one reason or another, I usually can’t watch the shows when they air during the week, so I try to catch up on weekends and need to make sure I don’t miss anything!
Here’s what I’ve been watching this past month, pre-FTF…
Guilty Pleasure: One Tree Hill
What can I say? The 110-second ‘N Sync reunion really threw my nostalgia into overdrive. That, combined with one lazy Saturday spent watching Soapnet, and I just HAD to re-watch this series, which was, like, TOTALLY CRAZY DRAMA-FILLED AWESOME when I was in high school. Plus, most of these actors aren’t awful to look at…
I LOVE me some Michael Vartan! And I pretty much want to be Jennifer Garner, so this one was a no-brainer. I started watching this series with my mom when it first came out and was hooked, but then stopped watching a few seasons in after one of my favorite characters was killed off. I swore this Summer that I would finally watch the series in its entirety.
Cult Classic: The X-Files
This theme song used to FREAK. ME. OUT. My mom watched this series when I was little and I could hear it from my bedroom. I had to sing to myself to try to block it out! Confession: It still kind of freaks me out. I’ve only been watching a few episodes here and there, and there are a ton of seasons, so I likely won’t finish the series anytime soon, but I’m pretty ok with that.
What shows have you been watching lately?
P.S. Don’t expect TV show discussions to stay off the blog for long, what with the premieres right around the corner!
I’m talking about ‘N SYNC, of course! Did that 110-second reunion make the VMAs worth watching, or what?! Be still, my beating heart.
Speaking of the 90s…
Sorry B. Cooper, but this picture…
… will NEVER be as good as THIS PICTURE
Is it bad that I’m still rooting for Britney and Justin? 90s girl problems, am I right?
You either live under a rock, or you’re well aware that Beyoncé is performing at the Superbowl Halftime Show this year… Regardless, it seems that “Queen Bey” (or QB for the sports-inclined) was not at all pleased with the fan backlash after her lip-sync faux pas, which I posted about yesterday. In what can only be described as the “suck-it” move of the century, QB held a pre-Superbowl press conference today and, rather than just answer questions from the press, sang the National Anthem and then posed for pictures. Seriously. Just ask Deadspin.
This event happily coincides with my stumbling on the Beyoncé GQ article. Now, I’m generally a fan of Bey Bey (which is my preferred Beyoncé nickname, by the way), but I can’t be alone when I say that she sounds like she might murder people in her spare time… For fun. Seriously? Does she really need to document every waking moment of her ENTIRE life (since 2005) and keep it all in temperature-controlled archives? Does that seem a little psycho to anyone else?
(I know you’re wondering!) Bey Bey does NOT plan to lip-sync at the Superbowl. Or does she just plan to threaten people’s lives so they don’t tell anyone… I can’t remember!
Do you keep up with what’s going on in the world? Hopefully you already do, but if not, you should start! As 20-somethings, we already have the power to choose our nation’s leader, so, you know, it’s probably a good idea to learn about some stuff happening not only in our country, but around the globe as well. Lucky for you, I’ve compiled a list of some recent newsworthy stories below. Enjoy!
In no particular order…
1. Manti Te’o. Heard of him? I hadn’t either (sorry folks, not much of a college sports fan). You can read the full article here, but I’ll just go ahead and sum it up for you… This Hawaiian guy plays football for Notre Dame and he’s good, so he’s kind of a big deal. Part of his popularity is due to some tragic events that he went through this past year. Namely, the death of his grandmother and girlfriend… On the same day… Before a big game. And despite those losses, he goes on to play phenomenally in this game. Only problem is, the girlfriend never existed. SPOILER ALERT – Manti’s friend, Ronaiah Tuiasosopo (whom I have affectionately nicknamed Ronny Hot Mess) was merely pretending to be his girlfriend, unbeknownst to Manti, of course. Which apparently worked because Manti and his “girlfriend” had never actually met in person. So that makes perfect sense, right? Kudos to Deadspin for doing what no other news organization had done and actually looking into the girl Manti claimed was his deceased girlfriend…
And then I found this video… Thanks to a friend for posting it on their Facebook!
2. Jennifer Lawrence doesn’t hate Meryl Streep! If you didn’t catch JLaw’s Golden Globes acceptance speech, it went something like this…
And then, predictably, the gossip about JLaw hating Meryl started. Well, never fear, JLaw cleared the whole mess up when she was on Letterman…
Shame on you, Hollywood, for not recognizing a movie quote when you hear one!
3. Beyonce was not actually singing the National Anthem at President Obama’s Inauguration. Sigh. Lots of celebrities have come to defend her lip-syncing, though, so that’s nice of them… I guess.
4. A security guard in Trinidad and Tobago shot his penis off. Safe to say, he’s having the worst week ever.
5. This kid came out to his entire school at an awards ceremony. Do they have an award for Balls of Steel? He definitely deserves it.
6. Over 200 people died in a fire at a Brazil nightclub this past weekend. This hit me particularly close to home since I’m all too familiar with the unbelievably overcrowded Philly bar scene. Stay safe out there folks, and maybe stay away from attending any shows where bands shoot off fireworks inside.
7. This is the best dad ever.
Stumble upon any fun news story recently? I want to hear about them!
For your entertainment, the following are my initial reactions to Justin Timberlake’s new song. Disclaimer: I generally think JT can do no wrong… And still hold out hope that he and Britney will get back together.
0:07 – Shit tied? What?
0:19 – What’s that voice in the back? It sounds like someone who kidnapped a girl and is asking for ransom money over the phone.
0:51 – So hot… Just like an oven. My new favorite pickup line.
1:14 – What is this? What is this even about? A doozie? I thought that was a bad thing?
1:26 – OK, the chorus is kinda catchy…
1:31 – Oh, you can show me a few things anytime, JT.
1:42 – I’m really liking the black and white video with the graphics in color.. Not quite sure how I feel about having the lyrics up, but I like that it’s different.
2:09 – Shit’s SO sick.
2:20 – JT wants me to call him daddy… Took a cue from Usher, I guess.
2:22 – I appreciate the way he says “things” like “thangs.”
3:16 – JAY Z!
4:13 – Is JT stoned?
4:24 – Maybe he’s constipated.
4:50 – I mean, he could have just stood there in a suit the entire video and I wouldn’t be complaining…
5:18 – The 20/20 experience? I’m intrigued…
5:27 – That ending face is not quite strong enough for my liking.
Let me know what you think about “Suit and Tie” in the comments!